GP+Patients in South Warwickshire will be offered evening and weekend appointments thanks to a new GP+ service. GP+ is now available and can be booked through your usual GP practice.
We’re here for you, for longer
If you are registered with a GP practice in South Warwickshire, you can now access additional evening and weekend appointments via our GP+ service.
The new GP+ service offers convenient evening and weekend appointments to see or speak to a GP, nurse or pharmacist. These pre-bookable and same day appointments are ideal for those who can’t easily attend appointments during normal practice hours.
For children aged 0-16 needing same-day appointments after school hours, appointments can be booked with our GP+ Children’s Clinics every weekday evening.
Appointments must be pre-booked via your normal GP practice – this is not a drop-in service.
Where can I go?
GP+ appointments are available at two, centrally-located GP+ hubs:
- Trinity Court Surgery, Arden Street, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6HJ
- Waterside Medical Centre, Court Street, Leamington Spa CV31 2BB
Where possible you will be offered appointments at your nearest hub.
The hubs are staffed by teams from local GP practices. GP+ clinicians will have access to patient records, so your full medical history is known and records can be updated regardless of when or where you are seen.
When are the GP+ Hubs open?
GP/nurse services: Weekdays 18:30-21:00
Clinical Pharmacist: Weekdays 18:30-20:30
Children’s Clinic: Weekdays 18:00-21:00
Please note GP+ is not a drop-in service. To book an appointment, contact your normal practice.
For more information, download our leaflet
Which GP Practices are covered by South Warwickshire GP+?
Patient registered at one of the following practices are able to book SWGP+ appointments:
- Abbey Medical Centre, Kenilworth CV8 1JD
- Alcester Health Centre, Alcester B49 5DX
- Arrow Surgery, Alcester B49 6QR
- Avonside Health Centre, Warwick CV34 5GJ
- Bidford on Avon Health Centre, Bidford-on-Avon B50 4LX
- Bridge House Medical Centre, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6HE
- Budbrooke Medical Centre, Budbrooke CV35 8SA
- Castle Medical Centre, Kenilworth CV8 1JP
- Clarendon Lodge Medical Practice, Leamington Spa CV32 5SS
- Croft Medical Centre, Leamington Spa CV31 1SA
- Cubbington Road Surgery, Leamington Spa CV32 7AT
- Harbury Surgery, Bishop’s Itchington CV47 2RE
- Hastings House, Warwick CV35 9NF
- Henley-in-Arden Medical Centre, Henley-in-Arden B95 5GD
- Kineton Surgery, Kineton CV35 0LP
- Lapworth Surgery, Solihull B94 6LH
- Meon Medical Centre, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 8TA
- Pool Medical Centre, Studley B80 7QU
- Priory Medical Centre, Warwick CV34 4UN
- Rother House Medical Centre, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6PP
- Sherbourne Medical Centre, Leamington Spa CV32 4RA
- Shipston Medical Centre, Shipston-on-Stour CV36 4BQ
- Southam Surgery, Southam CV47 1NY
- Spa Medical Centre, Leamington Spa CV31 1NE
- St Wulfstan Surgery, Southam, CV47 0FG
- Tanworth-in-Arden Medical Practice, Tanworth-in-Arden B94 5DY
- The Arden Medical Centre, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6PG
- The New Dispensary, Warwick CV34 6JY
- The Surgery Fenny Compton, Southam CV47 2YG
- Trinity Court Surgery, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6HJ
- Warwick Gates Family Health Centre, Heathcote CV34 6DZ
- Waterside Medical Centre, Leamington Spa CV31 2BB
- Whitnash Medical Centre, Leamington Spa CV31 2LT
Is GP+ an NHS service?
Yes. South Warwickshire GP+ is commissioned by NHS South Warwickshire Clinical Commissioning Group and is being delivered by SWGP in partnership with Care UK and the South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust.
Will I be able to see my normal GP?
Although local GPs and other clinical and administrative staff from South Warwickshire practices will be delivering the GP+ service, you will not be able to book an appointment with a specific GP. However, all GP+ clinicians will have access to your medical records with your consent, so will be able to view and update your medical history. If you prefer to see your own GP, please book a regular appointment at your local practice.
Does GP+ replace the current Out of Hours service?
No. The existing Out of Hours Service provided by Care UK will continue and patients will be able to choose which service to use, although it is likely out of hours will be used for more acute needs.